"If that plane leaves the ground and you're not with him, you'll regret it. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life." Humphrey Bogart




Friday, July 9, 2010

The Wonderful World of Blogging

I AM OFFICIALLY A BLOGGER!






Well, sort of. I have to say that getting this whole thing started was a lot more difficult than MYSPACE. haha... I guess I will give a little information on my recent life changing events.

On April 9th, 2010 I said "I do" to the love of my life Matthew Torres. Although it was an intimate (4 people intimate) wedding, it was everything I could have wanted. Because all I really wanted was to be married to Matt.
Matt and I go way back. 9th grade to be exact. I was a freshmen and he was a junior and unfortunately we sat next to each other in Spanish class. (I wasn't too fond of him at the time). I had begged our teacher multiple times to move me so I wouldn't have to sit next to him because he truly enjoyed pestering me. Of course, I still asked to wear his varsity football jersey multiple times. I guess you could say it was a love/hate thing at the time. We stayed in touch and flirted all through high school. He had serious girlfriends, I had serious boyfriends. But we always stayed friends.
I moved to Utah in March of 2007 and was emailing Matt consistently while he was stationed in Italy for the Army. When I moved back to California in August of 2007 we went on our first official date. We saw a movie (typical) and then hung out for a little. Although it was an amazing time, there was no first kiss. I was playing hard to get. He eventually had to go back to Italy and then he eventually was deployed to Afghanistan. At this point, we had moved on with our lives but still tried to keep in touch. He was in Afghanistan, I was in Maui, Hawaii.
Inevitably, we eventually started talking a little more consistently. And we talked about everything! I had never felt more secure and safe talking to someone before. I started feeling more and more in love with him after every conversation. I had never thought that this loyal friend could possibly be more. Eventually (after months of online romance) he proposed that we should get married. What started off as a joke, felt more and more real. And I almost felt like I should be on some eHarmony commercial. No one understood how I could have such a serious relationship with someone who lived so far away. But of course no one understood how much I loved him. We exchanged letters back and forth through email everyday and of coursed texted as much as we could. I felt like I was in a star crossed romance, something that only was found centuries ago.
Well as life goes, things didn't end up as perfectly as planned. Our engagement ended within 5 months and I became the runaway bride. Although Matt never gave up on me, I had given up on the idea of ever getting married. Long story short, I moved home from Hawaii on September 1st, 2009 and started hanging out with Matt again. It wasn't an instant reconnection but I definitely knew that I didn't want him out of my life. I was selfish and didn't want a relationship, but didn't want him to stop pursuing me either. Luckily enough, he eventually set me straight and "demanded" that I figure out what I want. (I was actually excited that he put his foot down cause I was ready to end the game,but my stubborn self wouldn't let down) We officially became a couple. It was a fast road from there but I had never felt so sure of something before. I knew that Matt was the person I was supposed to be with. And of course, we didn't waste any time.



I feel so blessed these days. I have to say that I have an amazing husband. He is the most loving, supporting, giving person. He loves me unconditionally and with all of his heart. I know when he says "I love you" to me, that it's not the kind of love you usually see in movies or read in books. It's the real deal. He is everything I have ever wanted in a partner and I am so happy to spend the rest of my life (eventually eternity) with him.



He is my soul mate.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones