"If that plane leaves the ground and you're not with him, you'll regret it. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life." Humphrey Bogart




Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Our trip to the edge of the Border :)

Well as I am progressing in this pregnancy I am trying to balance everything on my plate. I work, i'm a full time student, and I am dabbling in volunteer work. NO, I am not complaining. Everything I do in my life I choose to do. But, it's still can be somewhat stressful.

Well to take off some stress, Matt and I planned a trip to San Diego. And I was counting down the days to get out of Fresno! I had not been to San Diego in a verryyyy long time and Matt had actually never been so we were very anxious. Plus, we were in need of some alone time considering Matthew is only home about 8 days a month on averge. So a 4 day getaway sounded like a plan!

The drive was long and very uncomfortable for me. Matt was patient with every stop we had to make (pregnancy takes a toll on the bladder!). (He also gave me numerous massages at the hotel to help me feel better. What a sweet husband.) I just had to keep reminding myself that we were "almost there" and that it is worth the drive! When we finally arrived I was SOOOOOOOO EXCITED! We actually went straight to the Wild Animal Park in Escondido. It was great weather and of course tons of fun! The rest of our trip was divided between Sea World (love this place!) and the San Diego Zoo (a classic) and let me tell you... we got plenty of exercise! We spent an average of 6 hours at each park just walking around and spending time together. It was a great trip and we were very sad to leave. We actually kinda fell in love with San Diego and Matt has decided to look into the SD police academy. :) I have absolutely no problem with this!


(pictures to come!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones